Table of Contents
I. Introduction: Hepatitis B in Taiwan
II. What is hepatitis B?
Who is at risk of becoming infected?
A silent disease
A significant economic burden
III. Managing hepatitis B disease: prevention, screening and treatment
Vaccination: the most effective prevention
Targeted prevention of high-risk groups
IV. Challenges to containing hepatitis B in Taiwan
A huge success story...
...Yet challenges remain:
1. Need for greater awareness and education
2. Need to ensure continued success of the vaccination programme
3. Need to improve standards of care for the management of hepatitis B
4. Need to overcome geographic and social inequities in access to care
V. The way forward
Ding-Shinn Chen, M. D.
Distinguished Chair Professor
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Department of Internal Medicine
National Taiwan University College of Medicine
Hepatitis Research Center
National Taiwan University Hospital
7 Chung-Shan South Road
April, 2010 Taipei 10002, TAIWAN
Download full paper:
NOhep is a global, grassroots movement aimed at bringing all stakeholders together to eliminate viral hepatitis by 2030. It has been developed to create global awareness of the disease, similar to the red ribbon for HIV/AIDS, and was launched in 2016. NOhep firmly positions itself at the forefront of the elimination conversation, showcasing exemplary leadership, fostering on-the-ground innovative solutions and taking action to support the policy changes needed to eliminate this cancer-causing illness by 2030. Being a part of NOhep means being part of the solution. (To find out more about the development of this exciting initiative, watch this short video: https://youtu.be/Oer-rGwnKZU )
CEVHAP has been vetted and approved to receive tax-deductible donations and grants via CAF America.
If you are a US donor wishing to make a tax-deductible contribution to support us, please visit the “Give Now” page at CAF America’s website at www.cafamerica.org and following these steps:
1. Visit http://cafamerica.org
3. “Give a single gift”
4. “Search and Give to organizations in the CAF America Database”
5. Type in “CEVHAP”
6. Click “Donate Now”
7. Fill out the form accordingly and click Submit
8. Enter credit card information and click Submit
9. Wait for the confirmation page – do not re-click submit or refresh the page as you may be additionally charged.
10. An e-mail confirmation will be sent to you for tax deduction purposes.